Aloe Vera is one of the famous and oldest acne medications. Not only to help treat acne, the plant also helps treat burn (either by hot objects or by sunburn), and heals minor wounds and abrasions. It is a plant that belongs to a cactus-like plant type and its leaves contain a thick liquid that can be applied to the infected part to heal skin problems quickly.
Aloe Vera has many properties such as antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, astringent, painkillers and coagulation agents. It is effective in reducing scars, and stimulating cell growth that helps to treat acne effectively and naturally. It also contains vitamins, minerals, proteins, amino acids, and enzymes that our body and skin need to function properly by enhancing the immune system.
How aloe Vera for Acne Treatment works
Aloe Vera contains gibberellin and polysaccharide hormones and also acts as an anti-bacterium that helps kill acne-causing bacteria. It is a natural substance that helps to remove excess oil, dirt, and dead skin cells that further cause clots in your skin pores and cause bacterial infections.
Aloe vera also helps stimulate cell growth so that damaged skin will heal faster and leave little wounds. It acts as a natural anti-inflammatory that helps reduce redness, inflammation, and pain associated with acne. It also has a sedative nature. It also serves as a pain reliever when applied to the infected part. Aloe vera will enter into the innermost layer and hold back the pain and relieve inflammation.
Aloe vera can reduce the wound effectively because it contains antioxidants in the gel that helps reduce pain and treat the skin. Also contains zinc, vitamin C and E which help reduce skin injuries quickly.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Acne Treatment
Many people use aloe Vera to treat acne. It would be better if you can grow your own aloe Vera at your own home garden. Aloe Vera can treat acne not only on the face, but also back, chest, and scalp.
Always use fresh aloe Vera gel taken directly from aloe Vera leaves as it contains all the essential qualities that are very effective in treating acne, including relieving the skin from irritation, inflammation, and harmful toxins. Recommended ways to use aloe Vera for acne treatment are as follows:
- Fresh Aloe Vera
- Take a new aloe vera leaf and press it to remove the gel.
- Then apply the gel on the part of the skin that is infected with acne.
- Repeat the process twice a day for at least a week to get rid of acne.
- Mixed with lemon
- Take the aloe leaf and press out the gel (cut the leaves and press until the gel is out).
- Place the gel in a blender.
- Add a few drops of lemon and then mix it.
- Then store this aloe vera lotion in the refrigerator.
- Apply lotion on your face like a face mask every night before bed
- Let stand for a night and clean your face in the morning.
- Repeat the process regularly, until you recover from acne and leave no wounds.
- Blend with honey and turmeric
- Take fresh aloe Vera gel and add a little bit of turmeric & honey
- Combine and then apply this lotion to the affected areas of acne.
- Let stand for 15-20 minutes and wash with water.
- Continue this process regularly to get rid of acne immediately.
- Aloe Vera face mask
- Take aloe leaves and boil them in water for a few minutes.
- Add honey and mix.
- Apply this lotion to the skin as a mask (wipe gently when applying it).
- Leave for 20 minutes and clean with cold water.
- Repeat the application of this mask regularly to remove acne problems.
- Aloe Vera juice
Aloe Vera juice has the ability to treat skin injuries. Aloe Vera gel is used for external use, and the juice for the inside, which helps remove clogged pores, cleanses blood, reduces inflammation, and prevents further infection from acne formation. Drinking a little aloe Vera juice is recommended once a day, not only to treat acne but also to help treat lung cancer, type 2 diabetes, ulcerative colitis, etc.
Read this on how to make Aloe Vera juice: Aloe Vera for Acne, in a Form of a Healthy Drink
Those are 5 ways to use aloe vera for acne treatment. Why not give them a try, good luck!